Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Race: Unknown
Base Class: L13 Psionic
Class: None
Job: Unemployed
Gold: 0 [Bank: 0]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Age of Ultron   Reply with quote  

It's unquestionably movie-specific. Maybe it's "just" Captain America on a bike, maybe it's based on Winter Soldier, maybe that's actually Black Widow in Captain America's costume, maybe it's a whole bunch of things...

...or maybe Black Widow was omitted form the toy line for the same gender-specific marketing reasons Disney has already used in the past; a former Marvel employee has also revealed that Disney's strategy is for gender-specific merchandise, with Marvel stuff targeted at boys only.. (Gamora was left out of the Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise as well, and it's a lot harder to excuse that away.)

Blah blah both sides etc etc, there are potentially any number of reasons why Black Widow isn't riding the bike, but the simplest explanation is that what's happening here is the same thing that has happened in the past.

[font=Georgia][list][Image Removed] - Sign in to View
<3 Brittlez

OOC: Jenna | And now my watch has ended...

Rei Isabella
Spell Combo Master

Character Info:
Name: Rei Isabella
Follower of: Earth
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Lycan
Base Class: L22 Mystic Knight
Class: Fallen Avatar
Gold: 959 [Bank: 0]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

Guild: Refuge Lunaire

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Age of Ultron   Reply with quote  

Jenna. Calm with the sexism argument. I am in no way, and have said so already, saying any of this is proper excuses or that they aren't being sexist. I've gone to Disney World a million times and so am well aware of their gender specific marketing. I was just asking be sure some news station didn't see a general Avengers toy and turn it into something it wasn't. Obviously that's not the case. And their explanation was posted because no one had posted any response from the company

[Image Removed] - Sign in to View

Euryale
Spell Combo lvl. 2
Spider Catcher

Character Info:
Name: Euryale
Follower of: Nobody
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Race: Unknown
Base Class: L13 Psionic
Class: None
Gold: 0 [Bank: 0]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Age of Ultron   Reply with quote  

The thing is, that image of the toy with the Age of Ulton title on the box was in the original article Xaul posted. I'm not sure why it was necessary to ask if someone got the toy wrong and it was actually for Winter Soldier or something (and that might have been a valid point except for the box) when the article already answered that question (and the answer is "no").

Sometimes it's sexism and sometimes it's not, but I find it frustrating when even if it's clearly sexism, there are some people who continue to question if it's really sexist and not something else. (Which is a thing I see in a lot of arguments about a wide variety of topics, not specifically this one.)

[font=Georgia][list][Image Removed] - Sign in to View
<3 Brittlez

OOC: Jenna | And now my watch has ended...

Rei Isabella
Spell Combo Master

Character Info:
Name: Rei Isabella
Follower of: Earth
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Lycan
Base Class: L22 Mystic Knight
Class: Fallen Avatar
Gold: 959 [Bank: 0]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

Guild: Refuge Lunaire

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Age of Ultron   Reply with quote  

Ok well for whatever reason I couldn't or didn't see the toy picture on my phone. I just saw the article. And the media has been known to blow issues way out of proportion, especially hot button topics, which is why I questioned it.

[Image Removed] - Sign in to View

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: