Race: Angel
Base Class: L30 Hierarch
Class: Goddess
Job: Expert Performer
Gold: 513 [Bank: 4283]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

Guild: Althea D'Jal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: GGA Changes Poll   Reply with quote  

Hey, everyone.

So we have voted on where DL wants to go and the staff is talking it over. Now we want your opinions on what future you want for the GGA. Please cast your votes, I'll be posting this on the facebook page as well.

If you wish to explain your vote, feel free to discuss below.

Thanks!

[Image Removed] - Sign in to View

Nami (c) 2005-2015

Lionel Vistar
Spell Combo lvl. 1

Character Info:
Name: Lionel Vistar
Follower of: Nobody
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Human Gearforge
Base Class: L3 Peasant
Class: Adventurer
Job: Unemployed
Gold: 111 [Bank: 0]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: GGA Changes Poll   Reply with quote  

Edit:
I'm with Carla

Last edited by Lionel Vistar on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Carla
The Chosen One

Character Info:
Name: Carla
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human/Fairy
Base Class: L25 Blade Master
Class: Avatar
Job: Master Performer
Gold: 45 [Bank: 4810]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: GGA Changes Poll   Reply with quote  

So I put "other" because my proposal is a combination of three of the options. XD

1. First off, make "the GGA" a sort of NPC piece. No user is a GGA. Period.

2. Make a quasi-staff position of 'Event Master' whose job it will be to generate ideas and execution of site-wide events. This position would NOT have staff powers (like dealing with reports, addressing issues, giving out strikes when necessary, etc.). The person in this position would have no extra powers IC, and would work closely with the staff (admins in particular) to make sure the proposed events are fair and make sense and can be coded if necessary. This person can use "the GGA" as a catalyst for events if the story requires it, but this WILL NOT give their character any special powers. This is a purely OOC position (much like mod and admin, though event focused). This position would have a term limit of one year, preferably without the option of renewal unless deemed absolutely necessary.

One thing more: this OOC position would not take the place of admin-run events or user-run events, though working together would be preferable.

3. To reward activity and good writing, add leaders. These would give IN-CHARACTER BENEFIT ONLY, and the benefit will NOT be super OP or provide any staff powers. The specifics of the leadership position will be chosen by the users who get the spot, as well as the benefit, subject to admin approval.

Examples of leader positions/benefits:
-Commanding General of the Mooncrest Guard. Benefit: increased tactical intelligence and the ability to "summon" guards to help in battle
-Priestess of Fire: A favored priestess of the Avatar of Fire. Benefit: increased power when using fire magic, as well as increased defense against fire.
-Most Aggressive Pirate Captain in Minoc. Benefit: increased naval capacity, increased defense against storm-related magics.

Leaders would switch every 6 months, preferably without a renewal option. I'm suggesting leaders instead of GGA mostly because it makes more sense in real life. Very few heroes/villains/historical figures are actually in power throughout their whole lives.

They key term with both of these for me is term limits. Make sure people know that you're not going to have the spot forever. It's done purely to reward activity and get people excited about creating new things/running events. Hopefully it all makes sense, and if it doesn't I'd be happy to clarify. =)

OOC: Allison

Bellator lucis
Spell Combo lvl. 2

Character Info:
Name: Rofocale Telm'eron
Follower of: Strength & Justice
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Warrior Angel
Base Class: L7 Swordsman
Class: Paladin
Gold: 35 [Bank: 6109]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: GGA Changes Poll   Reply with quote  

holy flying chicken nuggets, I'm sooo on board with that idea. This is literally what makes for the best use of something that wields incredible potential like the GGAs without causing some sort of commotion or elitism. Not only that, but this really provides an outlet for world builders and event staff to collaborate and make something incredible. You have a constant outlet to use when need be and it wont be tied to people feeling chagrinned by being rail roaded by a player or group there of altering the very fabric of reality as they see fit. Instead it would basically be divine intervention the way it was meant to be, quick dirty and oh so efficient haha.

There is no more dangerous a tool than a fools mind set loose upon an unsuspecting world.

Moghedrin
Spell Combo lvl. 7

Character Info:
Name: Moghedrin
Follower of: Life & Death
Alignment: True Evil
Race: Idisim
Base Class: L14 Swordsman
Class: Necromancer
Gold: 22 [Bank: 0]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

Guild: Council of Willowmoore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: GGA Changes Poll   Reply with quote  

100% on board with all of Allison's ideas. She hit the nail on the head on the direction that I, personally, would like to see the site take.

Ardenator
Spell Combo Master

Character Info:
Name: Brwlyan Peredhil
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Wood Elf
Base Class: L22 Wind Runner
Class: Arcane Archer
Gold: 0 [Bank: 377]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

Guild: The League of Warriors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: GGA Changes Poll   Reply with quote  

Like everyone else, I think Al's ideas are amazing. Keeps all the best aspects of GGA while ditching all of the absolutely awful stuff.

Way to go Al

Carla
The Chosen One

Character Info:
Name: Carla
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human/Fairy
Base Class: L25 Blade Master
Class: Avatar
Job: Master Performer
Gold: 45 [Bank: 4810]
View User's Inventory
View User's Statistics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: GGA Changes Poll   Reply with quote  

Thanks, but thanks more to all the people who bounced ideas with me (and I can't take all the credit...Talon originally came up with the OOC position idea, I do believe).

OOC: Allison

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: